It’s incredible how it sneaks up on you. I never imagined that my 30th birthday would make me feel so weary but just over a month before my 29th I realise that I am nowhere near where I want to be and even worse I am letting life happen to me. So I have made myself a condensed version of the bucket list. I am determined to get all these things done by the time my 30th birthday rolls around.
1. Write a novel: I have applied to College Writers SA and have been accepted for a 12 month course. All I have to do is pay the 1st fifty percent and I can get started. That means come the 30th of this month this portion of my list begins.
2. Become fluent in French: I have always wanted to speak French and I did pretty well at it at school. I have not quite thought how I am going to do this as yet but will keep you posted.
3. Start a design and sewing course: when I was younger I used to make clothes for Barbie and well they were pretty cool and I need a hobby. Why not this?
4. Get a job I love - this will coincide with either no.1 or no.5 depending how the year works out but in the meantime I really need to leave the suffocate sh*thole of a place I work at and do something that inspires me rather than something that tires me.
5. Start my own business: I’m keeping mum on this one for a while but watch this space.
6. Lose the 15kg - this tyre needs to go!
7. Commit to a beauty regime: My mother told me I needed to get this sorted by the time I was 25 or I would look 30 before I knew it, Boy was she right- well it’s never too late to start and as a bonus to this goal I am also going to go to a spa at least twice a year for a full day and I am going to commit to a manicure and pedicure once a month.
8. Go on Holiday to Greece: okay so all this would be quite a tall order never mind organising an overseas holiday but...I really want to go there and I think it sounds like a super 30th B-day present to me so my vow is to have the plans laid out and the tickets booked by my 30th
9.Read 60 books in the next year- the catch is they can’t all be novels (any suggestions are welcome) I am starting slowly with Tami Hoag Still Waters
10. I have to go to at least 50 belly dancing classes.
My unofficial number 11 is to learn to relax because I don’t think I really know how and until I learn that I will not learn how to deal with stress.
What brought this on aside from the very scary realisation that 30 is just around the corner? I guess I am just tired of feeling dissatisfied with... well everything.
No comments:
Post a Comment