Monday, May 24, 2010

The business

So one of the things on the list is start a business...

I have an idea and I think I can do it- in fact I am pretty sure I'd be great at it and my mom thinks so too. So much so that she is willing to give me the start-up capital out of her pension!

I feel a little freaked about this. Reason 1 is that it means I can actually do this and it makes all the other things I have wanted to accomplish seem that much more available. And reason 2 is it's my mom's pension and what if it doesn't work out? I am confident that it'll work but you cant help having a small concern when the consequences are so big.

It makes me laugh a little though, because yesterday I was telling my brother's boyfriend that if he wanted to make the most of his life he had to take big risks to reap big rewards and here I am faced with a very similar dilemma and it makes me grind my teeth a little.

My parents are coming to visit my brother and I for the first time since he moved here. I feel half excited to see them and half not. I miss them and love them very much but, unfortunately, what comes with them is a whole lot of angst and well, if I am being diplomatic, "difficulty".

I will keep you posted on how the visit goes and perhaps when I have become a little more comfortable about blogging I might go into the "difficulty" part. Some of it is pretty amusing, my boyfriend says my family reminds him of Spud's family from the book series-Spud by John van de Ruit. Absolutely excellent series by on of my favourite SA Authors. A must read:-)

Another silly but exciting thing is a friend from the office gave me her belly dancing skirt because she didn't like it. Its beautiful and red. First class on Thursday.

While making the list was a piece of cake actually completing the tasks seem a lot more daunting but I refuse to give up.

One thing I do need to know is, this beauty regime thing do other woman really do this every day???? I have like four creams to put on before I even touch the sunscreen and my mascara. I don't think even the strongest UV beams would get at my skin.

Finally for the record I am still recovering from the surgery and I am concerned I may be becoming addicted to the pain medication, if this carries on much longer I will become dependant and this blog will be about my 13 months to sobriety!

In closing I leave you with this thought, youth is wasted on the young and money is wasted on the aged!!!!!!

1 comment: