Monday, June 13, 2011

It is not getting any easier

The truth about break ups is, if you don't love your ex then it wouldn't be that hard! If you are laughing at me right now for making such a dumb statement, then you have obviously not gone through a major break up recently, because while it may seem obvious, after three months of break up I started feeling pretty good. I thought (arrogantly I might add)-'I am ambivalent to my ex and what he does, does not effect me.' Except it does.

He is seeing someone new and while in his presence I think I dealt with it maturely, the rest of the weekend I spent tearful and full of anguish and that's when I realised I still love him, a lot!

His moving on so quickly of course feels like a twist of the knife further into my gut. Its not that I did not expect it to happen, I even knew that he would start dating way before I did. I just thought that I would care less.

Quite frankly if it was not for a very wise friend who told me to get out of bed and have a shower when I was bbming her and telling her I wanted to die this morning, I may well still have been in bed with very puffy cried out eyes.

To add insult to injury, I have had some male attention in the last few weeks but every last one of them just wants to get into my pants. They have no interest in me what so ever and to be honest most of them have been pretty vulgar in their pursuit. One gem even sent this charming message to me yesterday

"I want to do you!"

I know what you're thinking, I have to be putting out these kind of vibes to be getting such crude responses. I might be, I suppose, because I feel vulnerable I dont want anyone pulling on my heart strings but at the same time I wish they would at least try a little harder at romancing me before trying to slip off my bra straps.

Men truly are pigs!

No comments:

Post a Comment