So as of Tuesday afternoon I am back in the corporate world. I was head hunted! Feels fantastic to say that. After the truly terrible experience I had at my previous job, my working self-esteem was at an all time low but having been out of that environment for the last two months I have gained some much needed perspective.
First of all - global agencies will manipulate you into believing that you should be grateful for the job they have given you. Don't fall for it. Any company is only as good as the individuals that work for it. I did fall for it and I worked myself into an anxious mess. Now that I can objectively review the situation I know I never stood up for myself so its hardly surprising that when I gave a pinky finger they took the entire arm and then charged me for their time.
So after this experience and considering the fact that I have been working hard on my own business why did I decide to return to the corporate world. To put in frankly they gave me an offer I couldn't refuse including the opportunity to continue working on my own business.
I have revenge in my heart and its directed solely at my previous company and while I wish I was a master plotter, I do not have the evil scheming abilities of Blair Waldorf ex 'Gossip Girl'. So my revenge will need to be served in the form of Karma. I intend on completely changing the face of advertising in South Africa and once I become a credible and quoted source, I will tell the world how certain companies actively destroy the creativity and potential of young adults starting in the corporate world.
ahh small victories.
So on another note folks, I am exactly a week away from my 30th birthday. I am about to embark on a new job and I have lost 12kgs. I dont speak any french but I am about to work for a french company. I did a design course - although it was an architecture course and not dress design. I have adopted a beauty regime which I stick to fairly regularly.
I have not written a novel but I have bleated on about my feelings here and in my personal journal so many times, I have surely filled enough pages for it to be considered a novel! A boring one but not everyone is brilliant the first time around.
I have started my own business. I have not booked my trip to Greece yet but I think as long as it happens in my 30th year then that's all that matters.
And belly dancing - well I never went to another class after writing the original post.
I am going to gym at least 3 times a week at the moment but thats because I have a personal trainer and its costing me an arm and a leg. Money is such a great motivator.
So by my calculations I stuck to at least 80% of my original goals and I'm pretty chuffed.
Expect the goals for my 31st year in a short while.
No comments:
Post a Comment