Is it called a guilty pleasure because you know you should be doing something else? Like right now the kitchen is a mess, my room really does look like a bomb has hit it but I can not bring myself to tidy either because I am guilty-ly (not sure if that's a real word)enjoying not doing anything constructive. This is my first weekend off in two weeks and yesterday I did shopping for the house, washed dishes and cooked supper and it did not feel like a day off at all so today I am flat out refusing to do anything... Only problem is I fell guilty!
I also feel guilty that I had no intention of calling my parents today until I heard that one of my flatmate's friends's fathers died yesterday. as expected nothing spectacular is happening with them but at least I know they are both well and acting as bizarrely as they have been for weeks.
My mum is set to move here mid-September but get this my dad is coming for the trip but is not staying, they are too weird for words and I think I have chosen ignorance as a way to deal with their break-up or whatever the hell it is that they are doing.
Work has been hectic but I feel happy because I am enjoying it and I think I am pretty good at it as well. I dont like being away from Bear as much as I have been but on some level it sems to be doing our relationship some good.
Another sad-ish reality is that I have not been going to the gym and therefore am not losing any weight at all. I have to recommit. I spend a fair amount of my time recommitting to things. But I have to, to this one and well a number of other things. But its those guilty pleasures that keep holding me back.
No comments:
Post a Comment