Thursday, July 12, 2012

So it's been a while...

I cant recall the last time I posted anything online but I am sure it pre-dates my admission to hospital for pneumonia and my subsequent nervous breakdown from working myself half to death and sleeping very little.

I was retrenched after that bad spell and strangely I am happier than I have been in a long time. It took being incredibly ill and losing grip of my sanity to make me realise that if a job is killing your life spirit and your health its just not worth it.

To be fair, not working has me feeling a little bored and due to still struggling with depression I am lacking that get up and go spirit i normally have. I have been told it will take a while to feel like my old self again and that pursuing a new job right now would be detrimental to my health. I have to laugh at this advice because unfortunately dear therapist we aren't all Rockafellas and pretty soon I wont be able to afford our weekly sessions.

Having said that the truth is I am not ready to take on a heavy work load. I still become extremely agitated when I have to decide what to have for dinner so going headlong into a stressful work environment is probably a recipe for disaster.

I am proud to say I have booked and paid for my trip to Greece. Granted I am no longer 30 but at least I am doing it. I leave on the 31st of July for a two week holiday on the Greek Islands. I am so excited.

I have also been working on clinching some activations deals on the side to try bring in some cash but I am mostly lolling about at home doing nothing productive. I have decided I am giving up this week as a joke and will get cracking on some real productive work starting next week. When I say productive work I mean writing. I have complained bitterly for the latter part of my 20s that if i could just get a few months off I could write the book I keep threatening to write. Well I have my spare months and it is indeed time for me to get started.

In terms of my formal diagnosis - I am suffering from generalised anxiety disorder and depression - it is an acute episode brought on by being completely burnt out. I spent some interesting weeks in a psychiatric hospital, I swear I will write more about that in the next few days. Suffice to say - crazy people are not that crazy!


No comments:

Post a Comment