I hate my mother for being right - You dont appreciate what you've got till its gone.
Somewhere between 21 and 28 I have gained more than 12kgs and the only excuse I have is laziness.
Well having said this I have committed to begin body for life on the 1st October. This may be the most challenging thing I have ever done for two reasons.
1. discipline is not my thing
2. I like sleeping in ( although I think that may be directly related to point number one)
I have never stayed on any kind of diet for longer than a couple hours and, well, ...exercise is something I heard other people do.
I am also going to give up smoking - which really is the least of my worries.
My biggest concern is that I have told everyone I know that I am going on this life changing programme.
I know subconciously I did it so that it would be a bigger reason to follow through. I am ashamed to say that thinking that people saw me as a failure is more soul destroying to me than if I actually did fail at something and no one knew about it.
However, my number one reason for getting into shape is to be certain that if my long term boyfriend leaves me in the new year I will at least look sexy and devastated rather than fat and devastated.
It seems a strange reasoning but we have a strange relationship - one that many friends and family members have told me to walk away from- but foolishly and blindly I find myself in love.
No comments:
Post a Comment